Thursday, August 19, 2010

Social media saves lives!

Social media has the potential to connect with millions of people all across the globe. There are a lot of people who use it everyday to remain in touch with each other, to play games to keep themselves entertained, business men and sales men market their products, etc. I too am an active user of the social media professionally. In Delhi, Delhi Traffic Police is using it to challan traffic law breakers based on the photographs uploaded by people!!

However I have a recent experience to share. One of my friend's sister was suffering from Dengue 2 weeks back and her blood platelets count had come down drastically. I wanted someone to donate blood for her since the blood from the blood back could not be used for some reason. Thanks to the social media and few of my friends, there was a rush of people wanting to help us. I wanted 3 donors, I got 12!! People from all across the country who were part of my network on facebook and twitter called and offered to help when I updated my social network about the need!! It was their genuine and honest gesture that my friend's sister is completely safe from the disease. Such is the power of the social media!! Thank you facebook and twitter!!! My words of appreciation also goes for everyone who helped and those who offered to help. Thank you Gaurav, Sheetal, Vikrant, Aditi, Arudreya, Sakshi, Varsha, and Amandeep. Really, it was a nice gesture!! God bless you!

Regards,

Rahul Arora

Check out my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Connect with me on Linkedin
Check out my Google profile

No comments:

Post a Comment