Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finding a book store!

For all the readers out there!! This one goes for you! I was exploring a few book stores in Delhi, trying to find my copy of the latest release by Chetan Bhagat. After a few days of planning, a got up one fine Saturday, took a shower and went out in the blazing sun to Promenade mall in Vasant Kunj. It was a task getting to that place in this heat, and I was completely drenched in sweat before entering the Mall.

After a few minutes, when I cooled down, I went straight to OM book shop, searched for the required copy, met a friend there, chatted for a while, and I came back home. This all took some 3 and a half hours since the time I left home.

A few weeks later, I was telling my brother about my book shopping experience. That's when he suggested my to check out FriendsOfBooks (www.friendsofbooks.com). This is an online book rental and purchase company started by one of his friends. Arti Jain (my brother's school friend) and her husband, Manish Jain were both in US when they conceptualized this idea and soon after returning to India, they took off!

I checked out their website and found it to be pretty neat. Not only does it saves time, it saves the trouble of traveling to the book store in this heat, and making choices, something which i can happily do while sitting at my home! And the best part, they DO NOT have a time period before which I need to return the books, I can keep them as long as wish too, and as long as I am paying the monthly membership fee. I was really impressed by the idea. They also keep organizing events every 2 months.

I just want you guys to check it out, and if you like the service, subscribe to it. It's a pretty neat company providing excellent service. You can also check out their Facebook and Twitter pages.

Rahul Arora

Check out my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Connect with me on Linkedin
Check out my Google profile

2 comments:

  1. neat ! where were they when I was in India?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were pretty much there, just that i wasn't aware they existed! Check 'em out now, you can subscribe whenever you get back!

    ReplyDelete